Pender County Government: Home
Solid Waste
Wednesday, September 28, 2016   : Login  
Government » Departments » Solid Waste
Solid Waste

Pender Solid Waste (PSW) serves as the management and administrative organization responsible for the collection, hauling, and proper disposal of approximately 35,000 tons per year of municipal solid waste (MSW) and construction and demolition (C&D) debris in Pender County. There are 12 Convenience Centers located throughout the County as well as a Transfer Station located near Highway 17 North in Hampstead. Solid Waste is collected from the convenience centers, hauled to the Transfer Station and transported to the Sampson County Landfill. The Transfer Station also accepts direct delivery of C&D waste and other MSW from Pender County residents. Recycling is co-mingled and sent to a materials separation center in Jacksonville, NC for sorting and shipping to recycling markets. Under contract with Waste Industries, Pender County waste is hauled to a Sub-Title D (MSW) and dedicated C&D landfill located in Sampson County, NC.

For a complete listing of Materials Accepted, please see "Materials Accepted at Convenience Centers

Solid Waste News & Notices
Sep25 Posted: 3 days ago

Pender County Utilities has rescinded the September 23, 2016 Water Outage/low pressure and Boil Water advisory issued to its customers along Country Club Drive, Olde Point Loop Road, Kings Landing Road and other side roads in the area Bacteriological analysis results of drinking water samples collected Friday from this water system show no coliform bacteria present. 

The system has resumed normal operations and you may use the water without boiling.

View More Articles
Contact Information
Coming Soon

Michael Mack
Send E-Mail  

Physical Address:
Law Enforcement Center
605 E. Fremont St.
Burgaw, NC 28425
Get Directions

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 995
Burgaw, NC 28425

Phone: 910-259-1570
Fax: 910-259-1579

Transfer Station:

Physical Address:
Transfer Station
312 Transfer Station Road
Hampstead, NC 28443

Phone: 910-270-5011
Fax: 910-270-1665

Home | Visiting | Living | Business | Government | Online Services
©Pender County Government | Contact the Webmaster | About our Website