Government » Departments » Solid Waste » Recycling
Notice: As of October 1, 2009, ALL NORTH CAROLINIANS MUST RECYCLE - Plastic Bottles, Used Oil Filters and Wooden Pallets. View our Recycling Guidelines page.
PLEASE RECYCLE !!
The State has ordered Counties to reduce their solid waste volumes by forty (40%) percent by the year 2010. In order to meet this goal, Pender County strongly encourages its citizens to recycle the following materials:
- Aluminum Cans
- Newsprint (without inserts)
- Plastic Milk Jugs-HDPE 2 (rinsed, no caps)*
- Plastic soda bottles-PETE 1 (rinsed, no caps)*
- Glass – clear, green, & brown
- (food & beverage containers only; rinsed, no caps)
- Milk Cartons/Juice/Soup Boxes
- Cardboard (crushed) *
- Refrigerators (with food removed)
- White Goods (Appliances)/Other
- Metal Items (without freon or oil)
- Car Batteries
- Used Motor Oil (individuals only, not accepted from commercial sources)
- Scrap Metal (remove plastic and rubber pieces).
- Scrap Tires (individuals may bring up to five tires a day; commercial generators must provide a Scrap Tire Certification and load tires on tire trailer at the Rocky Point Convenience Center or Hampstead Transfer Station)
*Accepted at Rocky Point, Hampstead, and Burgaw Convenience Centers
NOTE: Business and/or commercial recyclables must be disposed of through a commercial recycling contract with a private hauler and cannot be taken to the Convenience Sites or the Hampstead Transfer Station.