Government » Departments » Solid Waste » Recycling » Recycling Guidelines
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2009 ALL NORTH CAROLINIANS MUST RECYCLE PLASTIC BOTTLES!
Items that can be accepted for recycling include:
- Junk Mail
- Soft Cover Books
- White Paper
- Computer Paper
- Cereal Boxes
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Milk Cartons/Juice/Soup Boxes
- (No Waxed Boxes) – please break down all cardboard!!!
- Clear, brown, and green glass containers -Remove lids, wash out the containers before placing them in your bin.
- Recyclable rigid plastic containers that are required to be labeled (#1-#7), that have a neck smaller than the body of the container and that accept a crew top, snap cap, or other closures:
- Examples include:
#1 plastic containers PETE (i.e. 2-liter soft drink bottles)
#2 plastic containers HDPE (i.e. plastic milk bottles)
Remove lids or plastic neck-rings, wash out the containers before placing them in your cart.
- Aluminum and steel (cans only).
Please rinse before placing them in your cart.
Should you have any additional questions, please call Waste Industries at 910-762-7563 or Pender County at 910.259.1521