The Pender County Veterans Service Office is responsible for securing allowable and applicable benefits for veterans and their dependents. Services include advising local veterans concerning their rights under various federal and state laws, counseling them, and assisting them by filling out the proper forms for forwarding to the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Work is guided by state and federal laws and regulations, and is performed independently under the general supervision of the District Service Officer of the NC Division of Veterans Affairs.
County Veterans Service Officer: Roy E. Horne
805 S. Walker St.
Burgaw, NC 28425
- Monday 8:00-5:00
- Tuesday 8:00-5:00
- Wednesday 8:30-12:00 Pender Co. Hampstead Annex
- Thursday 8:00-5:00
- Friday Appointments only, Meetings, Home Visits
County Veteran Service Officers:
Brian Scaringe & Ray Charfauros
15060 US Hwy 17
Hampstead, NC 28443
- Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Appointments
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Appointments/Walk-In
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Appointments/Walk-In
- Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Appointments/Walk-In
- Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Administrative Ops Only
- Home Visits on an as needed basis.
- Please schedule an appointment via email/call office for adequate service. We do accept walk-ins if appointments are not in session.