Hurricane Jose will linger off the coast but will not have a direct impact on the Carolinas through the end of the week.
However, long period swells from Jose are likely to maintain strong rip currents through the weekend.Gusty winds and periods of heavy rain today and tonight.
Breezy conditions will continue through Tuesday afternoon.
– Gusty winds and periods of heavy rain today and tonight
– Breezy conditions will continue through Tuesday afternoon
– Main concern post Irma will be long period swells from Hurricane Jose and likelihood of strong rip currents into next week.
– Afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms will be possible Thursday through Saturday.
– Short duration flooding is main concern this afternoon through tonight as outer fringes of Tropical Storm Irma reach the area.
– Occasionally gusty winds are possible through tonight, as is an isolated weak tornado moving onshore.
– Largest concern post Irma will be strong rip currents due to swell from Hurricane Jose.
– Hurricane Jose will not directly impact the Carolinas this week and is still too early to predict what the storm may do next week.
– River flooding associated with rainfall from Irma is possible but the chances are low at this time.
– This outcome is highly dependent on the eventual amount and distribution of the rainfall.