Heat and humidity return this week. Highs will be slightly above 90, with heat index values over 100, each afternoon through Friday.
- Continued showers and thunderstorms likely through midweek with very heavy rainfall and localized flooding possible.
- A slight decrease in thunderstorm coverage is expected late week.
- Tropical Storm Gert will produce elevated rip currents Tuesday despite moving well east of the area
Tropical Storm Gert well SE of the area this morning. Gulf moisture will advect into the Carolinas through mid -week continuing the chance for showers and thunderstorms with heavy rain.
Temps and heat index values will fluctuate little through Friday. Highs 89-94 with heat index values 100-104 are expected each day. Thursday is shown above as a “typical” day this week.
Scattered thunderstorms with heavy rain expected through mid-week.
A moderate risk of rip currents exists for part of the area today, but will likely be forecast for ALL beaches on Tuesday.
High temperatures in the 90s combined with high humidity will create heat index values 100-104 each day.
- Scattered thunderstorms with torrential rainfall likely through mid-week. Localized flooding possible.
- Elevated rip currents expected on Tuesday.