PENDER COUNTY – Pender County residents needing assistance can turn to local charities for assistance.
“We have several wonderful organizations that have stepped up to help our community during the recovery from Hurricane Florence,” said Tom Collins.
“We know this is a trying time,” said Collins. “Supplies by truck and helicopter are arriving.”
The following sites will be Red Cross distribution centers:
- Maple Hill VFD, 115 Old Maple Hill Rd., Maple Hill
- American Legion, 16660 Hwy. 17, Hampstead
- Penderlea VFD, 4005 NC Hwy 11, Penderlea
- The old Bank of America, 102 E. Fremont St., Burgaw
- EMS Station, 14388 Hwy 210, Rocky Point
The following drop sites for relief items will be:
- Lighthouse Church, 98 S. Trade Way, Rocky Point
- Atkinson, 700 E. Church St., Atkinson
- Maple Hill, 115 Old Maple Rd., Maple Hill
- Hampstead Kiwanis Park, 586 Sloop Point Loop Rd., Hampstead
For assistance of food, toiletries, and cleaning products, visit:
- Share the Table, 12395 Hwy. 50, Surf City (call 910-616-8897 for hours)
- Gateway Baptist Church, 416 W. Bridgers St., Burgaw
- Lighthouse Church, 98 South Trade Way, Rocky Point.
Monetary donations may be made to the American Red Cross, Gateway Community Church, Pender Christian Services, Baptist Men of North Carolina, and Lighthouse Church, and Share the Table.
“We want normalcy, but normalcy will be restored in the coming weeks as our power is restored, and our businesses are up and running,” said Collins.
“I know it is hard,” said Collins, “but we are resilient, and we will be normal again.”
Pender County Emergency Management will post updates on the Facebook page at facebook.com/penderem and on the website http://www.penderem.com. If you need immediate help call the EM office at 910- 259-1210.