The water consumers of Pender County Utilities, in Pender County in the following areas:
- From 8605 to 11335 US 117 South
- Lucas Avenue
- Pennsylvania Avenue
- Rocky Point Elementary School Road
- Rocky Point Training School Road
- Lacy Padgett Road
- Bridgeside Road
- Fallbrook Lane
- East & West Tumbling Waters Road
- Babbling Creek Road
- East & West Strawberry Lane
- Tarwolf Trail
- Camellia Drive
- Rose Drive
- Magnolia Drive
- Southward along US 117 South to, but not including, the entrance of Woodhaven Subdivision
are experiencing periods of low pressure and outages in the distribution system due to a 12” water main break. Periods of low or no pressure in the distribution system increases the potential for back siphonage and introduction of bacteria into the water system.
Therefore, when water service is restored consumers are advised to boil all water used for human consumption (including drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes and food preparation) or use bottled water.
Vigorous boiling for one (1) minute should kill any disease-causing organisms that may be present in the water.
Water customers are strongly urged to conserve water whenever possible. This advisory remains in effect until further written notification is issued.