The Rocky Point/Topsail Water & Sewer District (RPTWSD) and Pender County Utilities (PCU) are seeking an engineering firm experienced with drinking water well design and water infrastructure. The engineering firm will provide design, permitting and construction administration/construction observation of drinking water well infrastructure and related water infrastructure utilities associated with the creation of up to three (3) water supply wells planned for the Hampstead area in Eastern Pender County. RPTWSD will be working with a contract hydrogeologist for test well installation, pump test and wellfield design. The successful engineering professional services firm will work with RPTWSD’s contract hydrogeologist and design a well, wellhead, and associated piping to connect the new well to the existing water system. Proposed well sites have received preliminary approval from the DEQ Wilmington Regional Office.
Water design experience shall include Pee Dee aquifer well and wellhead design. Water main design and permitting also required. Prompt delivery and demonstrated accuracy on project cost estimates by the project team are important factors in selection. This project has a very aggressive fast-track schedule, and thus the consultant shall have personnel and resources available to meet that schedule.
SUBMISSION OF QUALIFICATIONS STATEMENT
Firms are invited to submit a Qualifications Statement to the RPTWSD by no later than 3:00 PM on October 25, 2019. Qualifications received after this deadline will not be considered. Firms shall submit an electronic proposal as specified in the RFQ. Firms submitting Qualifications are encouraged to carefully check them for conformance to the requirements stated herein. Qualifications that do not meet ALL of the below listed requirements or are sent to any address other than that shown below, will be disqualified. No exception will be granted. Statements of Qualifications shall be submitted to:
Kenny Keel, Director
Pender County Utilities / RPTWSD
Firms submitting Qualifications to perform drinking water well design and related water infrastructure will be evaluated based upon the firm’s experience, proposed personnel experience, personnel knowledge and familiarity with projects in the typical scope of work. In addition, knowledge of and experience in well design in the Pee Dee aquifer will be a significant consideration. This scope is defined in the General section of this Request for Qualifications, and submittal shall show previous project experience and references. Subs associated with electrical, SCADA or other design must be listed in the Statement of Qualifications.
Additional criteria that may be used to select an engineer may include:
- Experience working with Hydrogeologists for well design, construction, performance, and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on-time within a tight schedule, and commitment to meet the project schedule.
- Knowledge of well water treatment requirements (understanding the current drinking water source [surface water treated at PCU Water Plant] and potential issues with blending with new well sources).
- Knowledge of SCADA/Controls (integration of wells and associated controls into the existing RPTWSD system). Distribution system currently uses Mission Communications system.
- The engineering firm should have electrical and mechanical capabilities for ancillary design components associated with wells or will list the specific subs that will be used as well as their firm’s experience, proposed personnel experience, personnel knowledge and familiarity with projects in the typical scope of work
- Water pipeline modeling for the design of water transmission mains, proven history of pipeline designed, sizing, and routing. Water main design should be limited to short runs to connect the wells to the existing distribution system, as all sites are within a few hundred feet of existing water mains.
- Local regulatory experience.
- Anticipated Notice to Proceed by November 19, 2019.
- New production wells, wellheads, and waterlines shall have preliminary design within 45 days of Notice to Proceed.
- Project shall have all permits within 105 days of Notice to Proceed. Construction bidding will be concurrent with permit approvals. Emergency permitting consideration by NCDEQ is anticipated.
- Construction contracts planned for two phases:
- Well installation
- Wellhead and Water Main construction
- Construction substantial completion and operation of first well by May 1, 2020.
- Construction substantial completion and operation of second well by May 22, 2020.
- Construction substantial completion and operation of third well (if a third is constructed) by June 26, 2020.
Qualifying Statements shall include:
- Firm name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, web address, and contact person(s)
- Year in which the firm was established and any former names under which the firm operated.
- Qualifications and experience of personnel who would be performing design services for the project(s) by providing:
- A list of design projects demonstrating experience/understanding of the experience described in the General section above. Project information shall include:
- a summary of the scope of work and deliverables,
- the owner of the project, and
- the name, number and email of a reference for the project.
- SOQ submittal is limited to 15 printed pages maximum, including cover sheet.
The following criteria will be deemed necessary for selection:
- The firm must meet the following insurance requirements.
• General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate. RPTWSD must be additional insured
• Workers Compensation $500,000/$500,000/$500,000
• Auto Liability Insurance $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limits applicable to claims due to bodily injury and/or property damage
• Professional Liability not less than $1,000,000 per loss.
- Any firm wishing to be considered must be properly registered with the Office of the Secretary of State of NC and the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers & Surveyors.
The selected firm will be notified by telephone and/or email.
The RPTWSD reserves the right to reject any and all submissions.
Any questions concerning this advertisement should be directed to Kenny Keel, Director, Pender County Utilities, at email@example.com or (910) 259-0212 by October 23, 2019 at 2:00pm.
Please see the PDF below for the original document or click here for a printable version.RFQ_EngineerConsultant_HampsteadWells