Each year, the Dairy Photo Contest allows youth to put their creative talents to use to develop a message about the dairy industry for the consumer public. In designing and developing the project, youth learn a great deal about the dairy industry.
For 2022, photo project submissions will be used to celebrate Dairy throughout the Holiday season. They will be shared through social media in celebration of Dairy during the Holidays by NC State Dairy Extension and The Dairy Alliance. Youth ages 9-19 may compete in one of 3 age divisions for cash prizes awarded by The Dairy Alliance.
- Competition in this contest will be conducted on an individual basis in Division I (9-12 years
of age), Division II (13-15 years of age), and Division III (16-19 years of age) at the county
and state level. Youth in Division IV (5-8 years of age) may participate on a non-competitive
basis at the county level only.
2. Entries can be a singular photo or incorporate up to 3 photos (collage). Entries with multiple
photos can be mounted on poster board. All projects whether an individual photo or collage
should be submitted electronically as an 8×10 image as .jpeg files.
3. Photos MUST NOT contain copyright material such as cartoon characters, etc. Photos also
should not contain any personal identifiers or information (including farm names), without
written permission of the owner.
4. All photos submitted must be the original work by youth entrant and will be accompanied by
a photo copyright release form (attached below). Winning photos will be shared online by
The Dairy Alliance and NC State Dairy Extension.
5. Photos must have been displayed at least once in a public place or shared through social
media in the county.
Entries are due Monday, December 12, 2022. Please contact Traci Spencer, Pender Co. 4-H Agent for details.
Photo above, taken by Tristan Grover for the 2021 Dairy Photo Contest. He was awarded 2nd place in his age division.