Nurses and pharmacists handling the calls can help people know:
- How coronavirus is spread
- Whether or not a person is at risk
- What precautions can be taken to prevent the spread of the virus
- What the symptoms of coronavirus are
- What to do if coronavirus is suspected
North Carolina Poison Control is partnering with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services to monitor coronavirus concerns in our state.
If you have traveled to China recently and are wondering about the likelihood of infection, call the helpline at 1-866-462-3821.
You can also visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html for more information.