Update on County Office Operations
Pender County remains ready to serve the public. Before visiting any county offices, please contact the department you wish to visit. Many services can be completed online or over the telephone. The Following County Offices are currently operating in the following capacity due to COVID-19:
The Pender County Library can be reached at (910) 259-1234.
Pender County Public Library staff are busy broadcasting online story times on Facebook on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00am. All due dates are being extended and automatic renewal is being implemented.
• They are also revamping the website, PenderPublicLibrary.org, adding new resources, such as Ancestry and TumbleBooks, that
customers can access online.
• E-books, E-audiobooks and videos are also available online through the library website.
• A library card number is necessary for most online services and you can apply online at PenderPublicLibrary.org.
• If you have questions, please call the libraries from 9am to 6pm Monday through Friday if you have a question or send them an email from the links provided at PenderPublicLibrary.org from “contact us.”
• Pender County Tax is fully operational.
• The listing forms can be submitted via mail submission back to the print vendor who will record and digitize them without the citizen having to enter the building.
• If a taxpayer would like to drop the listing form off at the tax office, they can use the outside drop box to submit those forms.
• Tax payments can still be made online and over the phone as well as at the secured lockbox in front of the Howard Holly building.
• As always, staff is available over the phone, via email and by appointment.
• Website to pay Pender County Tax bill: https://mss.pendercountync.gov/MSS/citizens/default.aspx
• It can also be found under the “I WANT TO” header on our website and click on view/pay my tax bill
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tax Collections Phone Number: (910) 259-1222
• Tax Assessment Phone Number: (910) 259-1221
Parks and Recreation
Pender County Parks and Recreation can be reached at (910) 259-1330.
• Per the Governors Executive Order 121 Pender County Owned Playgrounds are closed until April 30th. At which time things will be reassessed.
• The Holly Shelter Shooting Range is closed until further notice.
• All organized league play and County Sponsored activities are suspended until further notice.
• Restroom Facilities remain open and are being cleaned and disinfected daily.
• Trails, Greenways, Athletic fields, and open space in parks remain open for normal operating hours. Social distance guidelines must be followed – park visitors should always keep at least 6 feet of distance between themselves and others, and no gatherings of more than 10 people may occur.
• Staff is not taking any new facility reservation request until further notice. This includes athletic fields, picnic shelters, the Hampstead Annex rooms, and the Pender County Courthouse Square.
Planning, Permitting, and Inspections
For more information, please call (910) 259-1202.
• In response to COVID-19, Pender County Planning and Community Development has remained committed to serving the public in anything they might need.
• Staff encourages anyone interested in applying for a building permit to do so using the PORT, which is our online permitting portal and can be found at www.pendercountync.gov/port/.
• A directory of all employees including direct phone lines and emails within the Permitting and Inspections Divisions can be found at www.pendercountync.gov/inp/, while the Planning Division directory can be found at www.pendercountync.gov/pcd/.
• If an in-person meeting is necessary, appointments are strongly encouraged, and staff from each of the three divisions are available at either the main County Complex in Burgaw or at the Hampstead Annex.
Register of Deeds Office
The Register of Deeds Office can be reached by calling (910) 259-1225.
• Staff is limiting public entry at this time.
• All vital records request should be done online or by mail.
• Recorders are encouraged to use our E-recording services.
• In-person recordings are handled by appointment.
• Marriage license are issued by appointment and the application should be completed online before the appointment.
• Notary Oaths are administered by appointment.
PCU can be reached at (910) 259-1570.
Payment for water/sewer bills are accepted online at: https://mss.pendercountync.gov/MSS/citizens/default.aspx In addition, drive up window and drop box payments will be accepted in Burgaw for utility customers. A drop box is also available for utility payments at the Hampstead Annex.