The program provides affordable dental services to all citizens in Pender County. The mobile dental unit collaborates with the Pender County School system to provide onsite dental services for students.
For dental emergencies call the office for further assistance.
Pender County Health Department
803 South Walker Street
Burgaw, NC 28425
Comprehensive Dental Exam
- We review your medical and dental history.
- Oral cancer examination & Periodontal evaluation are provided to check for gum and bone disease.
- Individual teeth are checked visually for cavities.
- Perform a bite examination is to check for proper placement of teeth.
- X-rays to check for hard-to-see cavities and bone loss.
Professional Teeth Cleaning
- Detects gum erosion and pockets of bacteria.
- Helps prevent decay.
- Removal of plaque buildup.
- Play an important role in helping to prevent cavities.
- Thin plastic coatings are applied to grooves on the chewing surfaces of back teeth.
- Protect the chewing surfaces from tooth decay by keeping germs and food particles out of the grooves.
Composite Fillings (Tooth Colored)
- Silver metal filling are becoming a thing of the past.
- The metal fillings expand and contract with temperature changes, often cracking and breaking the teeth they are meant to protect.
- We offer the newest composite fillings matched to your tooth color.
Other Services Include:
- Fluoride Treatments
- Most Tooth Extractions
- Partials and Bridges
What Can You Do to Maintain Good Oral Health?
- Brush teeth twice a day
- Floss daily
- Visit your dentist a minimum of once a year, but preferably once every 6 months
- Drink fluoridated water & using fluoride toothpaste.
- Do not use any tobacco products. If you smoke, quit.
- Limit alcoholic drinks.
Why should you go to the dentist?
- Prevent tooth decay
- Prevent gum disease
- Prevent health problems that are associated with poor oral health (Ex. hypertension, diabetes, oral cancers, kidney failure and heart disease).
- Remove stains from teeth
How often should you receive dental services?
Many dentist recommend you get your teeth professionally cleaned every 6 months. However, some people may require care more often depending on your dental health needs.
If it has been more than a year since you have seen a dentist, call us today for an appointment!
If financial assistance is needed we offer a sliding fee scale that is based on your household income. No one will be denied services based on inability to pay. We will be happy to work with you on payment options.