Christmas trees disposal

Pender County residents may dispose of their Christmas trees at the Rocky Point and Hampstead Convenience Centers for three weeks following Christmas.

We will accept Christmas trees through Jan. 16.

Christmas lights and ornaments should be removed from the trees prior to disposal.

The Rocky Point Convenience Center is located at 16232 NC Hwy 210. The center is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Closed Sundays and Wednesdays.

The Hampstead Convenience Center is open Mondays through Saturdays 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sundays 1 – 7 p.m. The Hampstead center is located at 250 Transfer Station Rd.

Holiday Hours for Pender County Convenience centers.


ALL the Pender County Trash and Recycling Sites will close at 3 p.m. Christmas Eve, December 24,

and will remain closed through Christmas Day, December 25.

ALL convenience site’s locations will be open on December 26 

and ALL locations will resume back to their NORMAL operating hours beginning December 27.

Pender County Offices will be closed December 24th, 25th and Monday 28th.

Holiday Recycling information

Glitter and foil make thinks sparkly- but wrapping paper and items with this as a decoration should not go in your recycling. Paper holiday cards can and should be recycled; cards printed on photo paper should be trashed.

All recycling & trash sites will be closed Thursday in observance of Thanksgiving.

Transfer Station Scale House and All convenience sites will be closed Thursday in observance of Thanksgiving.

The following Recycling & Trash sites will be closed Thursday in observance of Thanksgiving but will be open the Friday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 27. The facilities below will resume normal operating hours thereafter.
• Atkinson
• Hampstead
• Rocky Point
• Shiloh
• Whitestocking
• Transfer Station

All Pender County offices will be closed on Nov. 25, 26, and 27 (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.

County Offices will reopen Monday, November 30th, 2020.

Pender County convenience centers temporarily suspend acceptance of LP Gas Tanks

BURGAW – Due to changes in safety and recent changes in recycling guidelines, Pender County Solid Waste District will not accept LP gas tanks.

Pender County Utilities Director Kenny Keel said he anticipates the restriction will be temporary.

“We have taken a large volume of LP gas tanks and at this time we can’t accept more,” said Keel.

In the meantime, Keel suggested residents contact the original provider of the tank for assistance or contact these possible sources of disposal:

  • Parker Gas, 7491-B Market St., Wilmington, 28411; Call 910-319-4070
  • T. Lee Gas Company, 1760 Carolina Beach Rd., Wilmington, 28401; Call 910-763-1651
  • Blue Rhino Station locations;

“We are sorry for the inconvenience,” Keel said.

Translate »