- Gather your medications, important papers and a towel and a flashlight.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor. Do not go to your attic. Climb on the roof.
- Stay away from electricity. Beware of electrical or downed power lines. Turn off power.
- Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Stay off of bridges over fast-moving water. Attempting to cross rushing waters or driving through flooded roads is extremely dangerous. Avoid doing so at all cost.