The Rocky Point/Topsail Water & Sewer District (RPTWSD) and Pender County Utilities (PCU) are seeking the services of a North Carolina Licensed Hydrogeologist and Well Drilling Company. The county is currently evaluating the potential for groundwater production for Public Water Supply purposed in the Hampstead area. The firm will work with Pender County Utilities staff, design engineers, and others as required for the purpose of constructing at least two high volume, public water supply wells planned for the Hampstead area in Eastern Pender County. The work will include test well installation, pump test and wellfield design. The wells will connect to the existing RPTWSD water system. Proposed well sites have received preliminary approval from the DEQ Wilmington Regional Office.
Required experience shall include Pee Dee aquifer well construction. Prompt delivery and demonstrated accuracy on project cost estimates by the firm are important factors in selection. This project has a very aggressive fast-track schedule, and thus the company shall have personnel and resources available to meet that schedule.
SUBMISSION OF QUALIFICATIONS STATEMENT
Firms are invited to submit a Qualifications Statement to the RPTWSD by no later than 5:00 PM on October 21, 2019. Qualifications received after this deadline will not be considered. Firms shall submit an electronic proposal as specified in the RFQ. Statements of Qualifications shall be submitted to:
Kenny Keel, Director
Pender County Utilities / RPTWSD email@example.com
Firms submitting Qualifications to perform drinking water well construction and Hydrogeologist services will be evaluated based upon the firm’s experience, proposed personnel experience, personnel knowledge and familiarity with projects in the typical scope of work. In addition, knowledge of existing well construction in the Pee Dee aquifer will be a significant consideration. This scope is defined in the General section of this Request for Qualifications, and submittal shall show previous project experience and references.
Subcontractors associated with any part of the work must be listed in the Statement of Qualifications.
- Anticipated Notice to Proceed by November 19, 2019.
- Two test wells constructed and evaluated by December 9, 2019.
- Third test well constructed and evaluated by December 20, 2019.
- Production well construction completion and operation of first well by May 1, 2020.
- Production well construction and operation of second well by May 22, 2020.
- Production well construction and operation of third well (if a third is designed & constructed) by June 26, 2020.
Qualification Statements shall include the following minimum requirements:
Corporate geologist license in the State of NC (firm or subcontract firm).
Professional geologist license in the State of NC (firm or subcontract firm personnel).
North Carolina Public Utility Contractor license in the State of NC.
North Carolina Level A Well Drilling license.
Demonstrate hydrogeological experience and knowledge.
Demonstrate knowledge of public water supply well location testing, high volume well design, and construction.
Demonstrate knowledge of aquifer systems’ production and water quality under Eastern Pender County.
Demonstrate the ability to site and construct high volume water supply wells.
Demonstrate the ability to deliver projects on-time within a tight schedule, and commitment to meet the project schedule.
Be in good standing with the NCDEQ-PWS.
11. Provide support to staff and contract engineering personnel for permitting, field data collection, aquifer testing, and wellfield/distribution system design and construction.
12. Provide at least three references for municipal well projects completed in Southeastern NC.
The following criteria will be deemed necessary for selection:
- The firm must meet the following insurance requirements.
- General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate. RPTWSD must be additional insured
- Workers Compensation $500,000/$500,000/$500,000
- Auto Liability Insurance $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limits applicable to claims due to bodily injury and/or property damage
- Professional Liability not less than $1,000,000 per loss.
- Any firm wishing to be considered must be properly registered with the Office of the Secretary of State of NC.
The selected firm will be notified by telephone and/or email.
The RPTWSD reserves the right to reject any and all submissions.
Any questions concerning this advertisement should be directed to Kenny Keel, Director, Pender County Utilities, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (910) 259-0212 by October 17, 2019 at 2:00pm.
Please see original document below or click here for a printable version.RFQ_HydrogeologistDriller_HampsteadWells